Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Comes Love...

I haven't blogged in one month! I'm sorry for being a bad blogger.
There. I said it, and that is all I am going to say about that.

But I have spent the last two mornings catching up on the 100-something new posts of yours that I hadn't read. I love it! There is such serenity in being able to sit in Starbucks in SE Portland, with the SUNSHINE STREAMING THROUGH THE WINDOWS, sipping a hot cup of black coffee (how I'm taking mine now--I know, I'm so hardcore), and catch up on the wonderful world of all of my friends :) I wish more people had blogs!

As far as where to begin? I will start with today and move forward, catching you up on details as they present themselves.

I woke up this morning reeling from the shock of some HUGE news I got last night: AMBER IS ENGAGED!!

Let me tell you briefly about Amber: we met my sophomore year at Pepperdine (she is one year younger, and therefore a freshman when we met). We were both nutrition majors and we had a couple of classes together. She is one of those people that you meet in life and you instantly click! From the time we met, she became my everything buddy--my study buddy, my shopping buddy, my running buddy, my driving buddy, my do-nothing-for-a-whole-day buddy, my beach buddy, my venting buddy, my movie buddy, my laughing buddy, my crying buddy, my EVERYTHING BUDDY! Seriously, there was nothing we did not do together, and I have been completely blessed by the depth of her love for me.
Anyways, I love her to death: she is one of my best friends. And I bet you are wondering about her fiancé, Allen? Allen just finished his service in the Army and is from Kansas (where Amber is from as well). They met over the summer when Amber and our friend Alicia were out one night. I was able to meet Allen at Thanksgiving, and I really like him :) He spends time with her family while she is at school (Amber number 2 out of 5 kids, who mean the world to her) and he ABSOLUTELY adores her!
I'm definitely in shock! I think the hardest thing is that this relationship developed when I haven't been around to watch it grow and so I had no idea it was coming so quickly! That's why I'm in shock...I'm totally, just, wow...!
I think it hit me super hardcore last night because when I jumped on Facebook, there were a couple more engagement status' that popped up. February is beginning to rival December for number of engagements in one month! My mom says it's because of Valentine's Day; just a TOUCH cliché, but it's all good! So here you go February: you've got 2 weeks left...what else you got!?
In other news, while I try and recover from the...shock...
My internship is really going well! My very first clinical rotation was Renal, meaning that I worked in a dialysis clinic for two weeks caring for people who had kidney failure. I can comment more on that later.
The next two weeks, I will be in Geriatrics at a nursing home in SE. This rotation is definitely a lot less intense than Renal was. It has made me think a lot about my parents getting older. God-willing, they are still 30 years away from this kind of life. It's really sad to see how sick these people are and for many of them, they spend their life bedridden and alone. I can't dwell on the emotions because it will prevent me from doing my job. It makes me even more in love with the Savior who came for me, to rescue me and to walk with me all my life and into eternity--thank you Jesus! I never want to see my parents end up alone like this. If we have to someday put them in a home, I will be sure someone goes to see them everyday. Hopefully, Brooke, Stevie, and I will live close enough to be able to do that.
Speaking of STEVIE (my youngest sibling is 5 years younger than me--a senior in high school this year and a phenomenal basketball player)...
His team had their first playoff game last night against Highland. It was supposed to be an easy win--Highland was a wild card team. Valencia ended up winning by just a few points in overtime!!! And guess what? MY BABY BRO HAD 4 THREE-POINTERS!!! So proud :)
That should hold you over until tomorrow! I'm back baby!!
Song of the day (I have so much to share with you!!): "Think Of Me," by Rosi Golan from the Dear John soundtrack. One of the reasons I love it is because I can picture Jesus singing it to me. It is good to have a God who is the lover of our souls ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment