Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

(picture)

As a short reflection on my weekend, I:
  • Celebrated a small (but significant) weight loss on Friday morning!!
  • Comforted some hurting friends Friday night :(
  • Began Solid Rock's Street Teams ministry Saturday afternoon (basically, we walk around Portland asking people if they want to come to church!)
  • Went to Nordstrom's and discovered: (1) THEY CARRY TOMS!!!!!!! (2) There also carry a 22-year old, 6'5", college soccer playing, dirty blonde, blue-eyed salesman ;)
  • Attended the very first church service for Solid Rock Downtown (UH-MAZE-ING)!!
  • Enjoyed Asian Pear Mojitos, Lettuce Wraps, and Hot & Sour Soup at P.F. Chang's with Annie and Caitlin
  • Watched The Hangover TWICE.
  • Talked to Amber, Kelly, Mom, and Boo :)
  • Heard news about Dave's condition: they are now thinking that his fevers are NOT because of his Hodgkin's returning, but rather because of an infection--God DEFINITELY shows up, yet again!
  • Cleaned the house. Yuck. But it's my weekend.
  • Had an...interesting coffee lunch...hmmm...
  • Went grocery shopping--OATMEAL SQUARES!!!
  • Purchased waaaaaaaayyyy tooooo much music, but I can't help it. I'm OBSESSED!!! If you have not heard Phil Wickham's, Evan Wickham's, and Leeland's latest albums, your life is suffering. Sorry.
  • Am doing a really sucky job at truly forgiving someone that I need to.
  • Got some reading done for classes/rotations
  • Did not do NEARLY enough studying for the GRE--I'm taking it on February 6 so I need to get on that.
  • Celebrated a beautiful rain-free day today--thank you Jesus ♥

I hope everyone had a good 3-day weekend! Guess what? The week is almost halfway done!!

Song of the day: "Cielo" by Phil Wickham. BEAUTIFUL: "I can't sing loud enough/I can't sing loud enough/When I'm singing for you my God...I can't bow low enough/I can't bow low enough/At the vision of you my God...I can't lift my hands high enough/Lift my hands high enough/When I'm reaching for you my God."

No comments:

Post a Comment