Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lesson: Getting Back Into Shape SUCKS.

(picture)

So I'm 2-2 of being at the gym this week. Honestly, I'm committed enough to it that getting there really shouldn't be a problem--there's really NO excuse at 5:30 AM. However, I'm 0-2 in making it the full hour through my respective workouts. WHAT?? Seriously, before I left for break I was doing high-intensity interval training on the treadmill 3x/week and strength training classes 2x/week. Then I did nothing all break (bad idea...). On Monday, I made it through 30 minutes before I had to get off the treadmill--I was either going to throw up or pass out. Today, at the 30 minute mark in class, I felt the whole fading-out-of-conciousness thing coming on. It is SO FRUSTRATING!
I know that I just need to stay at it. I know that the dizziness thing will be gone by the end of this week and that in the next couple of weeks I'll get back to where I was.
STILL...when you are getting up so early, packing a perfectly portioned and healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack everyday and committing to lots of water, it is frustrating to feel like I'm SO far behind.
So, don't get out of shape. Be committed to exercising everyday. Then you NEVER have to go through the awful process of getting back INTO it. That is the lesson I learned today.
LOVE: "Hotel Room" by Pitbull. Get pumped.

1 comment:

  1. i love hotel room :)

    what's your interval training on the treadmill?? i need one!!

    ReplyDelete