Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Best Therapy

$75.00 worth of iTunes has vanished faster than fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. Drat. But let me tell you how it happened! You see, there is this amazing website called Pandora Radio--a website that creates a radio station for you based on your personal music tastes. All you do is type in the name of the artist or song you want a station for and Pandora creates an ongoing radio of songs that match your musical taste.
IT
IS
AWESOME.
I am currently listening to "Broadway" by The Goo Goo Dolls, playing on my Matt Nathanson station. Since I am the most indecisive person in the world when it comes to making decisions (I struggle with perfection...NOT a good thing), I have been listening to various stations and buying songs I don't have! I have many stations but I have used my $$ for my Phil Wickham, Colbie Caillat, Jason Aldean, Britney Spears, and Matt Nathanson stations.
...just changed to "Where We Gonna Go From Here" by Mat Kearney...
Once each playlist has 32 songs, I will change to another station. I am trying to get a variety of genres: I have Christian & Gospel, Pop, Country, Pop, and Rock. The Britney station was an attempt to make a dance mix--it's ok. It put a lot of older songs on. I wanted more Britney Spears "3" like songs! I may have to see what a Lady Gaga station gives me.
...GASP! Just changed to "Stop This Train" by John Mayer...OMG, I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 more songs, and my Matt Nathanson list is complete!
Anyways, I need an Alternative station--maybe Forever The Sickest Kids?? Or Anberlin? I think they're Rock though. I definitely will make more Country ones. I hardly spend $$ on those because I have so many of the songs, haha :)
So friends, I need ideas!! What are some good stations you would make? Maybe I'll find some new music to ♥. You should definitely check out these peeps though. They're REALLY good!
...changing to "The Man Who Can't Be Moved," by The Script...
But here! If you feel overwhelmed by all my music, check out "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. Totally makes me want to take a drive with the windows down and just LAUGH and SMILE :D First heard it on the radio, not Pandora, btw...which is why, occasionally, you should listen to the radio.
..."Brace Yourself" by Howie Day...
..."Acoustic #3" by The Goo Goo Dolls...
..."So Long, So Long" by Dashboard Confessional...

No comments:

Post a Comment