Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Homework Stole My Sunshine

(picture)

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm back at Starbucks--le sigh--I really enjoy starting my mornings like this: 6am workout, Oatmeal Squares/almonds/banana breakfast, a tall black coffee, and blogging :) Love it.
So, I last updated you on Friday, so let's talk about the weekend! Unfortunately, as the title of my blog indicates, HW ate my weekend and stole my sunshine :( LITERALLY. It was a glorious weekend in Portland: sun and warmth that I haven't felt in months!! [side note: can you believe that I have been here for 6 months?? I can't...] BUT ALAS, from Friday night until late Sunday night, I was chained to my desk, strapped to my computer, homeworking and Facebooking to break up the time...SAD.
Not-So-Funny-Story: The Friday that Would Not End.
5pm--In charge of correcting, editing, and turning in our research proposal for our research group. Paper is due by midnight. Stress level: 4.
11:55pm--Paper is done! Phew! Save and close to e-mail professor. Stress level: 2.
11:57pm--Paper? Where is paper? Paper no here? Stress level: 5
11:59pm--PAPER NO HERE!! PAPER NO HERE!! Stress level: 8
1:00am--(after searching whole hardrive and all temp folders)...paper...? Stress level: 8.5
1:02am--What do you mean I "must write paper again"? Stress level: 9.
1:05am--(head in hands, groaning loudly, pulling hair) ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stress level: 10.5
1:10am--Biting bullet; tastes like metal. Stress level: 9
2:15am--Neighbors having party? " 'Scuse me? Do you have any tequila? It's an emergency." Ha, I wish. Stress level: 7
3:00am--Paper be e-mailed. Tempted to throw computer out window, claim insanity, declare bankruptcy, and run from the IRS Catch Me If You Can style. Stress level: 5
Saturday...
11:30am--Wake up. Groggy. Day half wasted. More HW. Poop. Stress level: 3.
12:20pm--E-mail from professor: "Your attachment did not send. Please send again." Hate my computer and my incompetance. Stress level: 4.
12:30pm--I spent almost 12 hours editing the wrong paper. FML. Stress level: 5
12:45pm--Text Annie. Need key to computer room at school so I can retrieve correct document that I forgot to send myself. Annie in Salem; won't be home 'til 6. Stress level: 6.
1:00-6:00pm--Researching for another paper due Monday. Grrrrr....E-mail paper I worked on so I can e-mail it from school. Stress level: 6
6:00pm--Get to Annie's. Retrieve key. Get to computer. Sent myself wrong draft. Must e-mail draft from school to home, go back home, and e-mail to professor. Stress level: 6.5
6:30pm--Get home. Sent myself wrong draft from school. Must e-mail correct draft from home, go BACK to school, and e-mail professor. "The tales of your incompetance do not interest me." -Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada Stress level: 8
7:00--BACK at school. Finally sent correct draft. Quickly edit, and e-mail to professor. DONE WITH THIS FRIDAY THAT HAS TURNED INTO SATURDAY.
7:30--Solid Rock :) God is Grace. Love this frickin chuch so frickin much!
Sunday--HW ALL DAY.
So, yeah, that was my weekend. Boo. And now the sun is gone again. Double boo.
Song of the Day: "Paperweight," by Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk. Also from the Dear John soundtrack. Also awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment