Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!


Yesterday, my friend Brooklyn celebrated her 23rd birthday! Don't worry--I called her YESTERDAY even though I am writing to you today :) In celebration of this dear, I would love to share with you a little about her!

Brooklyn transferred to my high school the summer before junior year and joined the varsity basketball team. At our first team practice, she introduced herself and said, "just call me Utah." Well, the name kinda stuck--I've always called her Brooklyn. As the youngest of 6 in a Mormon family, she is full of personality and life! Our two years together in high school resulted in plenty of laughter and really good memories. I am thankful that we have maintained our friendship over the years, through MANY big life changes and tumultuous times. Brooklyn moved back to Utah in October 2008, much to my dismay :(

The young man in the picture is Nick, her fiancé! They met last year and are getting married in 2 weeks! Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to go--she's getting married on a Monday and some of us have school. I have not met him yet, and I look forward to getting to know him.

Anyways, happy birthday my love. I am so thankful for you ♥

In other news...
I got a chance to talk to Amber last night, FINALLY. We were on the phone for over an hour, catching up on this latest, biggest event in her life! It was so good for me to be reassured of our friendship, and that she still considers me one of her closest friends. It's funny, because as much as Words is not my top love language, being away from my friends and family makes me crave the affirmation of their love for me. I am very afraid that it will change for them, and they will no longer consider me important. This is one of my longtime insecurities: I can remember being 12 and asking my dear friend Brittany 6 times in one night if she was mad at me. She finally said, "I'm not mad at you! But I'm going to BE mad at you if you keep asking me!" Yeah, I struggle with it...

I guess we all just want to feel like we are the most important person in the world to someone. In my case, since I have never had that reassurance from a boy, I become a little bit obsessive about it with my friends. I think this is the part where I miss the physical presence of Jesus. To think that once upon of time, God WALKED side-by-side with humanity to be in perfect companionship with us, blows my mind and makes me really excited for heaven. In the meantime, I've got that "heavenly homesick" feeling. It doesn't help that I've got that "friends and family" homesick feeling too. Ergo, I apologize to my friends if my need for reassurance is irritating.

Finally, I watched 27 Dresses last night. Ok, if you don't know me, you just need to know that I AM JANE--Katherine Heigl is even my celebrity look-alike! I chose it last night for 2 reasons: 1) At my rotation yesterday, "Benny and the Jets" came on the radio and all I could picture was Jane singing to Kevin (GORGEOUS James Marsden♥♥♥) and getting lyrics wrong:

Jane: She's got electric boobs...
Kevin: BOOBS!?

I was laughing all by myself. 2) The influx of weddings has me feeling a touch like her right now. Ok, I have to run to work! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment