Thursday, November 12, 2009

Roses and Thorns

At camp, we do this thing where you list your rose and thorn of the day. I feel like the last 2 days have had both and so I will share them:


Roses~

  • Debra got the mail Wednesday morning and to start my day off right, I got a card in the mail from one of my best friends, whose name is also Brittany! I don't usually get mail from her and it was the most thoughtful, wonderful gift I could have ever expected. Here is my beautiful girl...




  • The Country Music Awards were on and I was reminded of the MANY reasons why I adore this music. I had goosebumps all night, was singing with my TV, and teared up when Brad Paisley got on stage and did his thing (he is my absolute favorite!!) This is the only awards show I watch and every year, I make a CD of all of the songs performed. Every year, the CD is exceptionally good; this year is no different :)

(Brad and Carrie)

  • Got to talk to another one of my best friends over at Just a Girl in a City. Thanks for letting me vent. Thank you for supporting me. I don't deserve a friend like you, but I am so grateful for you ♥

  • I am reading a new book, "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence. It is phenomenal. I love that it was written in the 17th century too! I am basically highlighting the whole thing, which completely negates the point of highlighting...

  • Got to talk to one of my Young Life kids on the phone this morning before she went to school!! Everybody, this is Shannon, and I love her:

  • Have some wonderful text messages from my sister and some friends :)


Thorns*

  • The weather is quickly turning abismal, and I hate it.

  • I have to be pressed, dressed, and at school at 6:15 AM tomorrow :(

  • Today, a guy I work with made the following comment: "You like to snowboard, huh? Boy that must be a f***in big snowboard...probably more like a boogie board, huh?"

  • It's too wet and dark to run. Therefore, I have not exercised in the last couple of days.

  • I gained weight this week. I can't believe I do this to myself...

  • I am feeling lonely, because I am.

  • My parents ignore my phone calls to watch The Office. FML.

But I need to go to bed. How is everyone else doing?


1 comment: