Friday, October 30, 2009

Mmmm, Friday :)


I have completed 5 weeks at ODE, which means that next week is my last week! I have to admit, I am going to miss this rotation a little bit. It has inspired me to begin a nutrition blog, which is soon to follow :)

I was at the Oregon School Nutrition Association Administrators meeting today and guess what we did? We got a tour of Truitt Bros., Inc, an Oregon food processor of shelf stable products. We got a tour of their canning and production facilities, as well as an amazing lunch compliments of the company! That is the great thing about this profession--lots of opportunities for free, delicious food. ANYWAYS, we got to watch how fresh pears get canned! Have you ever seen those TV shows about how they make candy? I LOVE THOSE SHOWS! So this ended up being a lot of fun because I love watching the machines.

The weather ended up being nice enough for me to go for a run today--yay! I got a solid {30} minutes in--GO ME! Running is absolutely my preferred daily exercise regimine; I really hope that I am able to go during the winter.

When I got home, I made a yummy PEAR AND WALNUT SALAD:
  • Spring mix lettuce
  • Sliced pear
  • Grilled chicken
  • Toasted walnuts
  • Goat cheese
  • Raspberry vinegarette

~Toss, and enjoy!~

As for the rest of the night, I have been busy trying to relax: watching Just Friends, reading SELF, blogging, contemplating working on a project, texting my friend Mikey, iTunes shopping, and now watching That 70's Show. I'm feeling pretty tired and should go to bed. But I did want to share :) If you haven't, you should check out Taylor Swift's new music--SO GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. your blog makes me so happy!!! keep up with the posts!!

    ReplyDelete