Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Procrastination = Stress = Procrastination = Blogging?


Yup. It's true. In a very weird and quirky way, this is what I do. Procrastinate, then STRESS, then procrastinate, then STRESS, then blog. Or at least, this is what I am doing now. I have so much work due on Monday! UGH. On a much lighter note...

Look what has come in the mail for me! Halloween cards and treats to remind me that there is a life of holidays and happiness somewhere I am not. The ghost card on the left and the candy is from my mommy :) The pumpkin card on the right is from my dear friend Marissa! Cue happy feelings :)


I also came to a sort of revelation tonight: I think I need to stay off Facebook for awhile. There are a couple of reasons why:

1. I waste a lot of time on it. Time that I need to redirect to better places in my life--studying, working on projects, calling friends, working out, making care packages, and most importantly, spending more time with my Jesus. If I want to know the the fullness of a relationship with him, I need to give him much more of my time.


2. Living on Facebook causes me to live everywhere but HERE! I browse through profile after profile, endlessly wishing that I was in southern California, Arizona, Texas, or Colorado! I expend energy and worry over whether or not my friendships are still alive and well. I long for what I don't have--warm weather, beaches, and Young Life. But how can I live life to the fullest when I am not living in the moment? Answer: I can't. Therefore, until I get some better control, I am fasting from Facebook, so to speak.


Since I love music, I am going to frequently post lyrics. This is the song that came to mind while I was typing; I hope you like it!


You put me here for a reason,
You have a mission for me.
You knew my name and you called it
Long before I learned to breathe.
Sometimes I feel disappointed
By the way I spend my time.
How can I further your kingdom
When I'm so wrapped up in mine?

In the blink of an eye
That is when I'll be closer to you than I've ever been
Time will fly
But until then, I'll embrace every moment I'm given
There's a reason I'm alive
For a blink of an eye.

"In the Blink of an Eye," MercyMe



4 comments:

  1. What the heck??? First your mom gets email, now she's on blogger...what's next facebook!???

    although I doubt she wrote those comments haha.

    Your care package was bomb!!! don't they just make you all warm inside??

    love you!

    ReplyDelete