Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Monday Folks!

(picture)


No class today means that I had a 3 day weekend...lovely :) Now there are some things we need to discuss!

Like how I am presently sitting in one of my favorite food establishments, Starbucks, and catching up on life! It's not the food PER SAY that makes this place a favorite, but it is more of the atmosphere--the blusey/jazzy/soft rock-y music that flows out of the speakers; the soft lighting and the tables and couches; the smorgasbord of people sipping hot, overpriced drinks and reading or studying. I find the white noise very relaxing and enjoyable. In college, the Starbucks on Malibu Road was my haven for studying and meeting the most interesting people--Like British brothers Thom and Phil who were in the States training to be kickers in the NFL!!

We also need to discuss my love affair with music. This is something I am going to add to my blog, thanks to the beautiful Carly over at Random Nuggest, for now. She adds a "Song of the Day" to the bottom of each of her posts. I intend to do the same, because music threads the pieces of my soul together. Wouldn't you like to know what is making me tick??

Lastly, I am going to add another kind of series to my blog about what I learn in church on Sundays. I am going to call it SoulFood Sundays. Why, you ask? Well, I am currently attending this AWESOME church in Beaverton called Solid Rock (church life has been one of the best parts of my move up here--people are so PASSIONATE about their relationship with Jesus!) Everytime I go, God moves so much in my soul that I have cried most times that I have gone (good crying, I promise). I always think of my friends, and how so many of them would be REFRESHED by hearing what I hear. But wait, you can! I am going to add this to my Sunday blogs--may your souls be refreshed my friends. Our God is good!

O, so my song of the day!! Can't forget, haha :) I think for today, I will direct you all to "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" by Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright. I first heard this song on the trailer for a new Nicholas Sparks movie coming out in February called Dear John. Check it out--it looks SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment